Just six months after the release of his acclaimed record Music City USA, Charley Crockett is back with a new batch of music. The talented Texas native brings a soulful, modern edge to his version of Jerry Reed's "I Feel For You," which was released today (March 4).
The lead single from Crockett's upcoming album Lil’ G.L. Presents: Jukebox Charley, due out on April 22, was originally recorded by Reed for his 1966 debut album.
“Mark Neill turned me on to this one,” Crockett explained in a statement. “It was a guiding light for both Welcome to Hard Times and Music City USA. It really spoke to me, hit me as a timeless song. Once we started the sessions for Jukebox Charley, it became clear this would be a single.”
Watch Charley Crockett's new music video for "I Feel For You" below:
The fourth installment of his tribute series, Jukebox Charley
will include Crockett's takes on lesser known songs penned by George Jones
, Tom T. Hall
and Willie Nelson
. This time around, he also opted to highlight some often overlooked and under-appreciated artists.
“I’ve done a few Lil’ G.L. records now,” Crockett says. “This Jukebox Charley LP makes four. I wanted to really stretch out on this one and take some chances. Do something different. We took some risks and laid down a lot of lesser known, more adventurous classics. Hope folks pick up what I’m puttin’ down.”
Later this month, Crockett will embark on his 2022 Jukebox Charley Tour.
The trek will kick off with a performance at Willie Nelson's Luck Reunion
on March 17 before stopping in more than 30 cities across the U.S. this spring and summer. You can find a full list of tour dates and additional ticketing information at Charley Crockett's official website
Charley Crockett, Lil’ G.L. Presents: Jukebox Charley Track List:
1. "Make Way For A Better Man" (written by Cy Coben)
2. "I Feel For You" (written by Jerry Reed Hubbard)
3. "Lonely In Person" (written by Tom T. Hall)
4. "Diamond Joe" (Traditional)
5. "Where Have All The Honest People Gone" (written by Dennis Linde)
6. "Home Motel" (written by Willie Nelson)
7. "Jukebox Charley" (written by Johnny Paycheck & Aubrey Mayhew)
8. "I Hope It Rains At My Funeral" (written by Tom T. Hall)
9. "Heartbreak Affair" (written by Kay Adams)
10. "Battle With The Bottle" (written by Joe Avants Jr & John Koonse)
11. "Out Of Control" (written by George Jones, Darrell Edwards & Herby Treece)
12. "Six Foot Under" (written by Clint Lewis & James Hutchins)
13. "Same Old Situation" (written by Wayne Kemp & Bill McDonald)
14. "Between My House And Town" (written by Sanger D. Shafer)
Johnny Cash: 10 Things to Know About the Man in Black