Keith Urban’s Favorite Songs of 2012
"What a phenomenal year this has been," Keith Urban shares in a note to fans posted on his website on New Year's Eve. "As we come to the end of 2012 and the new year is yet to explode open ... AND IT WILL!! ... I thought I'd attempt to single out some songs that I really loved this year for all kinds of reasons."
The country star, who will celebrate his "American Idol" debut on Jan. 16, goes on to explain that it's "impossible" to narrow down his favorites to just 12 songs without leaving out some equally great tunes. But he has listed the 12 that he just couldn't get out of his head all year. See Keith's list below, and listen to his 2012 favorites here.
Keith Urban's Favorite Songs of 2012 (in no particular order):
• "Springsteen" (Eric Church)
• "Somebody That I Used To Know" (Goyte)
• "Dirt Road Anthem" (Jason Aldean)
• "Pontoon" (Little Big Town)
• "Wide Awake" (Katy Perry)
• "I Love It" (Icona Pop)
• "Fastest Girl in Town" (Miranda Lambert)
• "Cruise" (Florida Georgia Line)
• "I Knew You Were Trouble" (Taylor Swift)
• "Titanium" (David Guetta feat Sia)
• "Doom and Gloom" (Rolling Stones)
• "Brother" (Matt Corby)
We had a few songs overlap with Keith on our picks for the best songs of 2012. Check out The Boot's list in the gallery below.
Watch a Video on Keith & Nicole's Golden Globe Nominations