Lee Brice Ends ‘Crazy’ Year With Billboard’s Hottest Country Song
Lee Brice won't soon forgot 2010. In addition to scoring his first Top 5 single with 'Love Like Crazy,' the singer topped Billboard's year-end Hot Country Songs chart, as the tune was the most-heard country song of the year. The list is part of Billboard's just-released 'Year in Music' special double issue.
'Love Like Crazy' took a record-breaking year to reach the No. 3 position on Billboard's country singles chart, and went on to become Lee's first gold-certified single.
"Watching this song climb the charts is sort of like that rush I feel when I perform it live," Lee notes. "It's that gratification that someone out there is digging what I do, and it just doesn't get better than that."
Lee's debut album, also titled 'Love Like Crazy,' was released in June by Curb Records. His latest single from the album is 'Beautiful Every Time,' which he co-wrote with former 'Nashville Star' contestant Lance Miller and Rob Hatch.
Elsewhere among the year's most-heard hits, in a field limited entirely to male solo artists, Josh Turner was the only act to place two songs in the Top 10. Easton Corbin also has a spot on the list with his latest single, in addition to taking Billboard's honor as top new country act of the year.
Billboard's Top 10 Hot Country Songs of 2010
1. 'Love Like Crazy,' Lee Brice
2. 'Rain Is a Good Thing,' Luke Bryan
3. 'Why Don't We Just Dance,' Josh Turner
4. 'All Over Me,' Josh Turner
5. 'The Man I Want to Be,' Chris Young
6. 'Roll With It,' Easton Corbin
7. 'Gimmie That Girl,' Joe Nichols
8. 'All About Tonight,' Blake Shelton
9. 'Come Back Song,' Darius Rucker
10. 'She Won't Be Lonely Long,' Clay Walker