George Strait to Release Brand-New Album on Friday
George Strait just dropped a bombshell: He's got a new album to share -- and it's coming on Friday (Sept. 25).
Cold Beer Conversation will be Strait's first studio album since 2013's Love Is Everything. The 13-track project was produced by Strait and Chuck Ainlay and includes songs written by, among others, Jamey Johnson, Brandy Clark, Bill Anderson and Strait's son Bubba. A complete track listing, as well as each song's writers, is available below.
“I’m really, really proud of this new album,” Strait says. “I think it’s a great record. I always say this: I think it’s one of the best records I’ve done. I always shoot for that … You’ve gotta go in the studio thinking that way. So I’m very excited about that.”
Among Cold Beer Conversation's tracks is "Let It Go," which Strait released as a single in April. The record's title track will be its second single; it is being released to radio on Wednesday (Sept. 23).
The country legend's new disc is part of a five-album deal that he signed with longtime label MCA in 2013.
“In 1981, when I signed with MCA Records, it seems like yesterday,” Strait recalls. “I think I’ve been at MCA longer than most people in this room have.”
Strait announced his new album and single during a press conference on Tuesday (Sept. 22), at which he also revealed plans for a series of concerts in Las Vegas. The Boot's readers will have access to an exclusive pre-sale for the shows from Sept. 25 through Sept. 30; more information is available here.
Cold Beer Conversation is available for pre-order on iTunes. It will be released exclusively via Apple Music and at Walmart.
George Strait, Cold Beer Conversation Track Listing:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me to Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop and Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than a Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)
Win Tickets to See George Strait Live in Las Vegas!
Test Your George Strait Knowledge!
A Look Back at George Strait's Career in Pictures