Wendy's expects to close down over 100 restaurants nationwide in 2024.

Why Is Wendy's Shutting Down Locations All Across America?

The past four years or so have been somewhat devastating to the restaurant business. Lagging business, increased operating costs and other issues — some stemming from the pandemic — are mostly to blame.

The woes are even affecting the second-largest fast-food chain in America, Wendy's. Wendy's has been quietly closing locations this year due to those factors. In its Q1 earnings call, Wendy's showed that it has already closed 27 locations.

Wendy's also expects to open between 250 and 300 new locations in 2024, outpacing its store closures.

Eat This, Not That! reached out to Wendy's for comment and an explanation as to why they are closing so many locations but did not hear back from the chain.

Wendy's CEO Kirk Tanner said that Wendy's currently operates more than 7,200 stores worldwide. The chain expects 30 percent of its future store openings to take place in the United States, while the other 70 percent will take place outside of the country, Tanner added.

This has some investors and foodies wondering if Wendy's is slowly becoming less popular in America, and more popular worldwide.

A quick search of the internet shows a few local Wendy's locations that have shut down already, and the local crowds were stunned.

There was a social media rumor about five months ago that Wendy's would be closing all stores, but that is certainly not the case.

The strange thing with most of these restaurant closings is that the restaurant is open one day like normal; then, the next day it is just gone. No reason, no explanation ... just a note on the door, in most instances.

Next time you head to your local Wendy's, it could be your last order from said location.

Evan Paul is the host of Taste of Country Nights, a syndicated radio show heard on more than 130 country radio stations nationwide, every night from 7PM to midnight. He plays the best new country music and interviews today's top stars, like Luke Combs, Morgan Wallen, Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert, Dan + Shay, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Chris Stapleton, Lady A, + more! 

See the Most Played Country Song from the Year You Were Born

Who had the most played country song during the year you were born? This list is a fascinating time capsule of prevalent trends from every decade in American history. Scroll through to find your birth year and then click to listen. Some of these songs have been lost through the years, many of them for good reason!

Men named Hank dominated early before stars like Freddie Hart, Ronnie Milsap, Willie Nelson Clint Black took over to close the 1980s. More recently it's been Tim Mcgraw, Rodney Atkins, Kane Brown and Morgan Wallen. Did the most-played country song from the year you were born become a favorite of yours later? All info comes from Billboard's country airplay charts.

Gallery Credit: Billy Dukes

40 First Dance Songs For a Country Fan's Wedding

The first dance song at your wedding is the most important song of your life and marriage. Choose wisely.

Here are 40 great country songs for a bride and groom's first dance, including love songs by legends like Vince Gill and Randy Travis, and contemporary stars like Brett Young and Luke Combs.

This list has been updated to feature four popular love songs released in 2022 and 2023.

Gallery Credit: Billy Dukes

The Top 20 Country Songs From April 1994

Some would argue that '90s country music was the best decade of country music to date. There was a certain glow across the country music genre in the '90s, from the belt buckles and mullets to the big hair and blouses with shoulder pads. Let's take a walk back in time and look at the Top 20 country songs for April 1994.

Gallery Credit: Evan Paul