Craig Campbell Plans to Showcase His Range on Upcoming New EP, ‘See You Try’
Craig Campbell has announced plans to follow up his sexy new single, "See You Try," with an eponymous 7-track EP due out on June 8. The single at the heart of the project is Campbell's first since he released "Outskirts of Heaven," and Campbell has said that the two songs -- while both special to him -- couldn't be more different, both in terms of subject matter and in terms of his process of writing and recording them.
According to a press release, the EP's track list will continue to showcase Campbell's range, from the heartache of "Me Missing You" to the tropical-flavored party vibes of "Mas Tequila." The project will also feature not one but two renditions of "Outskirts of Heaven," including the original version along with a stripped-down, acoustic performance.
"For the past few years, I've created and found some of the best music of my career," Campbell says. "I'm beyond excited to release this EP and show the country music world what I've been up to. I'm very proud of the music, and I can't wait for everyone to finally hear all these songs!"
Campbell plans to head out on the road in 2018 for select headlining tour dates, and also has plans to host his 6th annual Craig Campbell Celebrity Cornhole Challenge on June 5 at Nashville's City Winery. In 2017, Campbell raised over $200,00 in support of research, education and awareness for colorectal cancer at the event, through Fight CRC, the charity organization where he serves as national spokesperson. To stay up to date, readers can check out his website. To purchase or stream "See You Try," click here.
Craig Campbell's See You Try EP Tracklist:
1. "See You Try" (James McNair, Tyler Hubbard, Bart Butler, Jordan Schmidt)
2. "Me Missing You" (Barry Dean, Jonathan Singleton, Dave Barnes)
3. "Outskirts of Heaven" (Craig Campbell, Dave Turnbull)
4. "Mas Tequila" (Craig Campbell, Jim Beavers, Chris DuBois)
5. "Upstairs" (Kelly Archer, Justin Weaver, Al Anderson)
6. "Kids in the South" (Chase McGill, Ben Hayslip)
7. "Outskirts of Heaven (Acoustic)" (Craig Campbell, Dave Turnbull)