Kelsea Ballerini grew up in East Tennessee surrounded by music, as her father was a country radio programmer. When she was 15, Ballerini moved to Nashville to pursue a solo career; she attended college for two years, at Lipscomb University, before quitting school to devote herself to music full time. Ballerini's debut single, "Love Me Like You Mean It," went straight to No. 1, as did her following two singles, "Dibs" and "Peter Pan," all from her freshman album, 'The First Time'. In addition to gaining a strong fan base, the singer quickly earned the attention of other artists: She opened for Rascal Flatts on their 2016 Rhythm & Roots Tour and earned a slot on Thomas Rhett's 2017 Home Team Tour; Ballerini also proved that she can draw a crowd on her own when she headlined her The First Time Tour in late 2016. In the spring of 2016, Ballerini won the ACM Awards' New Female Vocalist of the Year honor, and the Grammy Awards recognized her with a Best New Artist nomination in 2017. On Dec. 25, 2016, Ballerini announced her engagement to Australian singer-songwriter Morgan Evans.
- Birthday: September 12, 1993
- Albums: The First Time (2015), Unapologetically (2017), Kelsea (2020), Subject to Change (2022)
- No. 1 Hits: “Love Me Like You Mean It” (2014), “Dibs” (2015), “Peter Pan” (2015), “Legends” (2017)
- Did You Know …: Ballerini has a dog named “Dibs,” after her second No. 1 hit.
- Required Reading: Review: Kelsea Ballerini Charms the Crowd on The First Time Tour [PICTURES], Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Evans: Their Love in Pictures