Michael Ray Announces His Upcoming Sophomore Album, ‘Amos’
Michael Ray has just announced the release of his sophomore album, which the Florida native says is, in fact, the best introduction for fans to his music. The project will be titled Amos, in honor of the grandfather who inspired Ray musically, as well as in his personal life.
"The day I made my debut on the Opry stage, all I could think about was how he would be so proud,” Ray shares in a press release. His grandfather passed away two months before Ray's inaugural appearance on the legendary stage, and the artist says that his memory has guided the creation of the upcoming album.
"Looking back, that moment was a pivotal one -- our family lost its patriarch," Ray explains. "So, when we started making this record, before I would record vocals on the song I would ask myself, ‘Is this a song I would have played proudly for him?’ It makes this album that much more special to think he would have said, ‘Ray, that’s a good one.’”
Ray has previously expressed the significance of family in his life and music: From a family of musicians and music lovers, Ray explained in a 2017 interview that he has always felt supported in his musical career by the people who matter to him most.
Amos will feature 11 tracks, including the chart climbing single "Get to You," which follows the two No. 1 songs, "Kiss You in the Morning" and "Think a Little Less," off of Ray's eponymous debut album. The second album, the track listing for which is below, is due out June 1 on Atlantic Records / Warner Music Nashville, and will be available for digital pre-order on April 20 on Ray's website.
Michael Ray, Amos Track Listing:
1. "Fan Girl" (Matt Jenkins / Brad Tursi / Josh Osborne)
2. "One That Got Away" (Josh Osborne / Matthew Ramsey / Trevor Rosen / Jesse Frasure)
3. "Summer Water" (Heather Morgan / Lee Thomas Miller)
4. "Get to You" (Abe Stoklasa / Pavel Dovgalyuk)
5. "Forget About It" (Luke Laird / Jaren Johnston)
6. "Her World or Mine" (Brett Beavers / Jamie Paulin / Travis Denning)
7. "You're On" (Chase McGill / Jessi Alexander / Matt Jenkins)
8. "I'm Gonna Miss You" (Corey Crowder / Matt McGinn)
9. "Dancing Forever" (Ross Copperman / Shane McAnally / Matthew Ramsey / Trevor Rosen)
10. "Girl From Spring Break" (Ben Hayslip / Emily Weisband / Rhett Akins)
11. "Drink One for Me" (Josh Thompson / Jimmy Robbins / Jon Nite)