Songwriter Mac McAnally to Release New Album
Songwriter Mac McAnally is set to release a brand-new album, A.K.A. Nobody, on Sept. 18 on Mailboat Records.
"This selection of music made me stay up late and get up early, filled up my fairly big heart and historically large head, for the last several years, in between also working on musical projects with other artists, which I also love to do," McAnally says. "Because of the long process in recording this album, I had the chance to give some long attention to the songs that demanded it, and the ones I thought would benefit from a spontaneous joyfest in the studio with a great band were saved for last.
"I'm very proud of both the work and that my fans continue to follow my little career," he continues. "Small though it may be, it's one of the biggest blessings ever. I'm grateful ... and to borrow one of the song titles, "Proud to Be Alive.""
The seven-time CMA Award winner wrote or co-wrote all but one of the songs on his new record, teaming up with legendary artists such as Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown, Sonny Landreth, Chris Stapleton, Al Anderson and others for the tracks on the album. He specifically notes the song "With a Straight Face," which is about two gay children who were raised by parents who don't believe their children were born that way.
"I have a heart for the underdog and for the oppressed and persecuted," McAnally says about the tune. "And I have close friends who have suffered for no good reason I can see. This song is for all the above."
A complete track listing for A.K.A. Nobody is below. Further information, as well as tour dates, is available on McAnally's website.
Mac McAnally, A.K.A. Nobody Track Listing:
1. "A Little Bit Better" (Chris Stapleton and Mac McAnally)
2. "Last But Not Least" (Zac Brown Wyatt Durrette, Jimmy De Martini, Coy Bowles and Mac McAnally)
3. "Mississippi, You're on My Mind" (Jesse Winchester)
4. "With a Straight Face" (Mac McAnally)
5. "Don't Remember Leaving" (Mac McAnally)
6. "Zanzibar" (Mac McAnally)
7. "Place Where You Belong" (Al Anderson and Mac McAnally)
8. "Proud to Be Alive" (Mac McAnally)
9. "Better Get Your Story Straight" (Mac McAnally)
10. "Everything (Ain't Too High a Price)" (Mac McAnally)
11. "Loser Gumbo" (Sonny Landreth and Mac McAnally)
12. "Coast of Carolina" (Jimmy Buffett and Mac McAnally)
13. "Someday" (Mac McAnally)
14. "Island Rain" (Kenny Chesney and Mac McAnally)
15. "Working Prayer" (Mac McAnally)