Frankie Ballard has often been praised for his red-hot live performances, but Friday night's (Aug. 24) got a little too heated. The country-rocker was opening for Thompson Square at a concert in Mitchell, S.D., when his drummer's monitor caught on fire.

"It had three-foot flames in the middle of a song," Frankie tells Taste of Country.

There's no word yet on what sparked the blaze. Luckily, no one was injured.

The singer-songwriter's fiery set is the latest in a long line of scary mishaps on country tours. In February of 2011, Justin Moore narrowly escaped a tour bus fire, as did Randy Houser just a month later. In January of this year, Lee Brice was sound asleep when his bus caught fire. Lee was at the wrong place at the wrong time again in March, as he was on board Jerrod Niemann's tour bus when it caught fire. And Chris Young's tour bus went up in a cloud of smoke back in July. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt in any of those fires.

Behind-the-Scenes of Frankie's 'A Buncha Girls' Video %VIRTUAL-globalVideoEmbed-{"videoIds":"517720642","width":"476","height":"357"}%