Mindy McCready Alleged Sex Tape on ‘Temporary Hold’
The release of an alleged sex tape featuring Mindy McCready and a man named Peter engaged in explicit sexual activity has been placed on temporary hold. A statement from the singer's publicist says the company planning to release the tape, Vivid Entertainment, continues to take legal steps to prove it has the right to distribute it, while Mindy's attorney continues to pursue a cease and desist order to halt the tape's release.
"We've decided to take a little extra time to study all of our documentation and other clearances before we proceed," says Vivid co-founder/chairman Steven Hirsch. "I want a chance to review the correspondence from Mindy's attorney, Adam Dread, and to prepare a proper response to the letter he has sent to us."
Following a telephone conversation this week with Hirsch, Mindy's attorney, Adam Dread stated, "We are pleased to announce that Mr. Hirsch understands that there is merit to our "Cease and Desist" demand, as is evident in his press release above. We stand by our original statement that Ms. McCready has never made any video for Vivid Ent., or any entertainment company of that genre, and that there is no proof of authorization from Vivid to release any likeness of Ms. McCready, in any format. We have formally requested that they provide proof of authorization, or refrain from using Ms. McCready's likeness, period."
Hirsch said however that he remains confident the studio has all of the appropriate legal clearances to distribute the video, 'Mindy McCready, Baseball Mistress,' so-titled because she also purportedly speaks candidly about the sexual performance of married Yankees and Red Sox pitcher Roger Clemens with whom she allegedly had an affair. The tape also reportedly features Mindy talking about other celebrities with whom she's been involved, including actor Dean Cain, to whom the singer was engaged in 1997. The video had been scheduled to go on sale April 19.