Brad Paisley Arrested?
Brad Paisley‘s private plane was met by two police officers early Saturday morning at the Nashville International Airport. The country superstar was promptly handcuffed as soon as his feet hit the tarmac.
“You’ve gotta be kidding me! I’ve never done anything wrong in my life,” Paisley said to the officers after they told him they had a warrant for his arrest for his involvement in “some serious crimes.”
A cooperative Paisley was taken to the back of an unmarked police car, where he was given further explanation of his arrest.
“We have a Mrs. Jewel Murray who has filed several charges against you in the state of Tennessee for excessive noodling,” explained the officer, as Paisley broke into a fit of laughter, realizing this was all a joke.
“Noodling? On the guitar?” Paisley asked the officers. “You know what, I am guilty.”
So maybe he’s not guilty of any crimes, but this was certainly a case of Paisley getting a taste of his own medicine. He’s been the instigator of countless tour pranks throughout the years. Here are a few highlights:
- Paisley once sent a few burly men dressed as Cinderella out on stage during Chuck Wicks‘ performance of ‘Stealing Cinderella.’ He also poured maple syrup and feathers all over Wicks at a recent show, just before showing him a video of girlfriend Julianne Hough, “dumping” him on camera (which turned out to be, of course, all an act).
- Paisley once kidnapped Jack Ingram, imprisoning him in a cage built from PVC pipes and then rolling him out on stage with a microphone and a hacksaw, forcing Ingram to saw his way out before he could sing.
- Paisley’s band once dressed up as pimps, storming the stage during Kellie Pickler‘s performance of Dolly Parton‘s ‘9 to 5.’ “He made it look like I was working ‘9 to 5′ on a street corner — like I’m hooker!” Pickler told The Boot. “He kept going, ‘Where’s my money?’ And then the biggest guy in the band came out dressed in drag, with red stilettos and a blond wig — he was supposed to be me.”
- Paisley once rigged Josh Gracin‘s tour bus, causing Gracin’s crew to think it had broken down.
- He once dressed a crew member as a condom and convinced him to swing from the rafters just above Jewel‘s head during one of her performances on the Paisley Party Tour.
But with Jewel turning the tables on him over the weekend, Paisley admits he’s finally been trumped.
“This is absolutely as good as it gets,” he admitted while still in handcuffs. “This is the best I’ve ever been had.”
“Guitar noodling is a serious condition, and I felt it necessary as a friend and a tour mate to intervene,” Jewel tells GAC. “It is my hope that with intervention we can help Brad realize that, as musicians, we do not get paid by the note.”
Paisley is now on a three month hiatus from the road. But come January, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley and Crystal Shawanda better watch out. They’re all set to join the Paisley Party Tour when it resumes January 15.
You can see video footage of Paisley’s “arrest,” courtesy of Jewel and two retired Nashville police officers, on GACTV.com.