Worst Country Songs That Were Big Hits: Readers’ Poll
For some of your answers, like Toby Keith‘s “Red Solo Cup,” even the artist himself agrees (kinda). “It is the stupidest song I ever heard in my life, but it’s so stupid it’s good,” Toby once told The Boot, laughing about his unexpected, multi-platinum-selling hit. But some of your answers surprised us, as there are other award-winning, beloved singers who aren’t always making what is music to your ears.
The Boot read the hundreds of comments and tallied up the votes to create this list of what you think are the ten worst country songs ever to hit the charts.
10. Shania Twain, ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’
9. Jason Aldean, ‘Dirt Road Anthem’
8. Sugarland, ‘Stuck Like Glue’
7. Tracy Byrd, ‘Watermelon Crawl’
6. Kenny Chesney, ‘She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy’
5. Big & Rich, ‘Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)’
4. Trace Adkins, ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’
3. Taylor Swift, ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’
2. Billy Ray Cyrus, ‘Achy Breaky Heart’
1. Toby Keith, ‘Red Solo Cup’