Lee Ann Womack Reveals Her ‘Crazy’ Side
Lee Ann Womack is a Grammy-winning country traditionalist who's also a loving wife and mom of two. So why did she title her new album 'Call Me Crazy'? Turns out there's a side to Lee Ann you may not know. The songstress listed the ten craziest things she's ever done for Nashville's Tennessean newspaper ... and now we really can call her crazy!
Ten Crazy Things I've Done --by Lee Ann Womack:
1. Got knocked up by the "A&R" guy.
2. Called a certain radio station and asked them to please mail the term "country" back to me, since they clearly weren't using it.
3. Spray painted "You've never even heard country music" on the side of a Music Row building.
4. Threatened to "Nancy Kerrigan" a fellow female artist at an awards show.
5. Threatened to fire my entire band for going to bed earlier than I thought was necessary.
6. Made the whole band watch 'Night Calls' on the Playboy Channel with me.
7. Made the whole band read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' and give me a report on it.
8. Recorded 'The Westin Sessions' at the Westin Hotel in Times Square ... a project that included only songs making fun of other artists.
9. Threatened to give a certain Tennessean music critic "three swift kicks to the groin" after he wrote a mostly positive (but not all positive) review of 'There's More Where That Came From.'
10. Voted for George W. Bush ... twice.