Alabama Reveal Release Date, Cover Art + Track Listing for Tribute Album
Alabama have revealed the details for the upcoming ‘Alabama & Friends’ tribute album. The new project, which features some of country music’s biggest stars performing Alabama’s greatest hits, is due in August.
An all-star lineup including Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith pay tribute to the band’s decades of influence on contemporary country music, re-working Alabama classics like ‘Tennessee River,’ ‘Lady Down on Love’ and ‘The Closer You Get.’
“It’s very much an honor that they’d take part in an Alabama tribute,” guitarist Jeff Cook says in a press release.
“Our longevity is a tribute to the hard work we did in selecting songs, because it’s the songs that people remember,” adds bassist Teddy Gentry.
The 11-song collection also features Alabama’s first new studio tracks in a decade. The group re-teamed with producer Harold Shedd — who worked closely with the band in their early years — for ‘All American’ and ‘That’s How I Was Raised.’
“It’s a storybook episode in my life and in the career of Alabama to have Harold on board, and to see him as excited as we were after all these years,” frontman Randy Owen observes.
‘Alabama & Friends’ is slated for release on Aug. 27 via Show Dog-Universal Music.
‘Alabama & Friends’ Track Listing
1. ‘Tennessee River,’ Jason Aldean
2. ‘Love in the First Degree,’ Luke Bryan
3. ‘Old Flame,’ Rascal Flatts
4. ‘Lady Down on Love,’ Kenny Chesney
5. ‘The Closer You Get,’ Eli Young Band
6. ‘Forever’s as Far as I’ll Go,’ Trisha Yearwood
7. ‘She & I,’ Toby Keith
8. ‘I’m in a Hurry (And Don’t Know Why),’ Florida Georgia Line
9. ‘That’s How I Was Raised,’ Alabama
10. ‘All American,’ Alabama
11. ‘My Home’s in Alabama,’ Jamey Johnson