The Seldom Scene to Release New Bluegrass Album
The Seldom Scene are set to release their first studio album since 2007's 'Scenechronized.'
'Long Time... Seldom Scene' will hit shelves on April 22. The album is being released through Smithsonian Folkways, a non-profit label run as a branch of the Smithsonian Institute, and celebrates over four decades in the music industry with 16 new interpretations of the group's most-requested tunes.
The release features the band's current lineup -- founding member Ben Eldridge, Lou Reid, Dudley Connell, Ronnie Simpkins and Fred Travers -- along with guest appearances from original members Tom Gray and John Starling, as well as Chris Eldridge, Emmylou Harris and Rickie Simpkins.
The group tour year-round. Upcoming dates are available on their website.
The Seldom Scene, 'Long Time... Seldom Scene,' Track Listing:
1. 'California Cotton Fields'
2. 'Wait a Minute' (feat. John Starling)
3. 'What Am I Doing Hangin’ Round'
4. 'Hickory Wind' (feat. Emmylou Harris)
5. 'I’ll Be No Stranger There'
6. 'Walk Through This World With Me'
7. 'Big Train (from Memphis)'
8. 'With Body and Soul' (feat. Emmylou Harris, Tom Gray, John Starling)
10. 'It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue'
11. 'Mean Mother Blues' (feat. John Starling)
12. 'My Better Years'
13. 'Little Georgia Rose' (feat. Tom Gray)
14. 'Like I Used to Do'
15. 'Through the Bottom of the Glass'