The Marshall Tucker Band to Release Live Album From 1976
In 1976, the Marshall Tucker Band were a fairly new group. They had spent four years touring the United States and decided to take their show overseas to Europe that year. The band recorded those shows and kept those live concert recordings, and now, nearly 40 years later, they will release an album, Live in the U.K. 1976, memorializing some of their biggest hits from that era.
"This tour marked the first time we had ever played overseas," MTB lead singer and founding member Doug Gray says in a statement. "We were just a bunch of young hillbilly kids who had no idea what to expect, but let me tell you, our European fans made us feel like we were right at home.
"This was one of the most memorable tours in the history of the Marshall Tucker Band," Gray adds. "I'll never forget it."
The Southern rock band played in West Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Great Britain on their '76 European tour, performing songs such as "Take the Highway," "Can't You See" and "Fire on the Mountain."
Last year, the Marshall Tucker Band released another live album, Live! Englishtown, N.J., September 3, 1977, featuring live recordings from one of the biggest concerts of their career.
Live in the U.K. 1976 will be released on Oct. 30 on the band's own Ramblin’ Records, in partnership with Sony RED; see a complete track listing below. The album will be available on the Marshall Tucker Band's website.
The Marshall Tucker Band, Live in the U.K. 1976 Track Listing:
1. "Long Hard Tide" (Manchester, Palace Theater)
2. "Take the Highway" (Glasgow, Apollo Theater)
3. "Hillbilly Band" (Glasgow, Apollo Theater)
4. "Searchin' for a Rainbow" (Manchester, Palace Theater)
5. "Fire on the Mountain" (London, Hammersmith Odeon)
6. "24 Hours at a Time" (Birmingham, Odeon)
7. "This Ol' Cowboy" (London, Hammersmith Odeon)
8. "Can't You See" (Glasgow, Apollo Theater)
9. "Every Day I Sing the Blues" (London, Hammersmith Odeon)
10. "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" (London, Hammersmith Odeon)