The Boot Holiday Giveaways — Official Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Boot Holiday Giveaways (the "Giveaways") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of AOL Inc. and companies involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Giveaway, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Giveaways are subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaways are sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaways constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The start and end dates/times of each Giveaway (the "Entry Period") will be posted on http://www.facebook.com/TheBootCountry.
5. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Giveaways as follows:
a. Twitter - During the Entry Period, follow @thebootdotcom on Twitter and retweet the giveaway tweet. Entry must be made by the entrant using their Twitter account. There is no limit to the amount of retweets posted by each entrant but each Twitter account can only be eligible to win one prize per Giveaway. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
b. Facebook - During the Entry Period, visit http://www.facebook.com/TheBootCountry and leave a comment on the Giveaway Post. Entry must be made by the entrant using their Facebook account. There is no limit to the amount of comments posted by each entrant but each Facebook account can only be eligible to win one prize per Giveaway. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
6. DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the name(s) of the potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be Direct Messaged via Twitter and/or Facebook and asked to provide your name, complete address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the winner notification correspondence, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per household per Giveaway.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S): Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") before receiving the prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE(S): The prize(s) (including each prize's approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the Giveaway site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Facebook account from which the entry is made.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Giveaway constitutes an entrant's consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor's designees to use of entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties"), Twitter and Facebook from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt and use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. GIVEAWAY RESULTS: To request a copy of the Winner's' name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (specifying which Giveaway Prize you are requesting the winner for) to The Boot Holiday Party Giveaway, c/o AOL Music, 770 Broadway, Rm 4A:C50, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be by January 10, 2011.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be sent to AOL Music at 770 Broadway, Rm 4A:C50, New York, NY 10003 and NOT Facebook.