‘Meg’-nolia: Meghan Linsey Shares Beauty Tips
Did you know that Steel Magnolia‘s Meghan Linsey does her own hair and makeup, even for big awards shows? The blonde stunner has quite the flair for fashion and beauty, so we’ve recruited her to do an exclusive style blog for The Boot! In this first in her series of self-penned advice columns, the songstress reveals the cosmetic essentials she can’t live without.
‘MEG’-NOLIA: What’s in Meg’s bag?
by Meghan Linsey
Yay! It’s the first installment of my blog for The Boot, and I am more than excited! Aside from my mom and a couple best girlfriends who I mostly just talk to over the phone — oh, and my adorable, furry, little, female companion, Penny — I have been deprived of real, “girl time” for the last two years. That’s right, I have been traveling down the road and living with my partner (and boyfriend) of five years, Josh, our four-piece band, a tour manager, sound guy, guitar tech and bus driver … all MEN! While I love them all, I can’t possibly talk to them about all my fun fashion finds, beauty products and everyday girl gab. Sure, they’ll nod and act like they’re listening, but try as they might, I know they can’t truly appreciate the super cool, vintage Frye boots I found on eBay for forty bucks, my favorite airbrush make-up or how much I love the way this little dress fits me like it was tailored to my body. And that is why I’m so excited about this blog! It’s for WOMEN!
My goal is to make life a little easier for all of you wonderful ladies out there, by giving you some helpful tips I’ve learned along the way. I wanted to start with something near and dear to all of our hearts, a purse! No, no, no, not just a purse, your purse! It’s your lifeline, your carry all, and if you’re anything like me, it’s totally full of stuff! As I was taking things out of my beloved bag and putting them through the scanner at the Fresno airport this morning, it occurred to me how totally lost I would be without this ridiculously, oversized bag of can’t-live-withouts. So, I thought I’d share my Top 10 must-haves with all of you =) …
10. My foundation! I use Sally Hansen Natural Beauty airbrush makeup. It is amazing; it covers and looks completely natural. You could seriously put on ten coats throughout the day and it would never look cake-y.
9. Bronzer: I use MAC, refined golden bronzing powder. It’s the perfect shade and has a nice, subtle shimmer.
8. My Sephora eyeshadow palette rocks! I like “Miami Vibes” =)
7. Red lipstick: You can really make a statement wearing red. Even if you don’t have on much else. My fave is Cover Girl Flame. It’s the perfect red, a little pink and not too harsh.
6. Bobby pins, safety pins, little clear rubber bands — I keep all of these in a handy little bag, just in case. You never know when a button’s gonna pop off of a blouse or you’re gonna have to pin a stray hair back. For me, bobby pins and hats are reserved for bad hair days.
5. My favorite lip gloss is Sally Hansen Lip Inflation in sheer pink. It gives my lips that extra something, and it’s not sticky at all!
4. Yes to Carrots body butter — I keep a little travel-size jar in my bag at all times. It’s so moisturizing, and it smells great!
3. Sally Hansen nail polish strips: I love them because they go on easy and quick. Plus they don’t smell and there’s no dry time. Therefore, I can do my nails in flight on the airplane!
2. Ballet flats: I wear heels all the time, and these are my lifesaver when I walk off stage every night!
1. My iPad, the new love of my life! It can seriously do ANYTHING, and it fits in my purse!