Sheryl Crow Stalker Hit With Restraining Order
Sheryl Crow has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man accused of threatening to shoot her. The Huffington Post reports that on July 24, a judge issued the order which requires Phillip Gordon Sparks, 45, to stay 100 yards away from the singer-songwriter and not attempt to contact her, her family or any of her employees. In total, the restraining order seeks protection for Crow and 16 other people, including her two sons (ages 5 and 2), nanny, sister, assistant, parents, siblings and managers.
In a sworn statement, Sheryl wrote that she is fearful of Sparks because of profane Facebook posts beginning in April, in which he claimed she had stolen money from him and had broken into his house. In court papers obtained by TMZ, Sheryl stated, “It was clear to me that [Sparks] was deeply disturbed because his posts were delusional, rambling, filled with profanity and laced with angry rants.”
She also states Sparks recently went to the offices of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) and told a worker he was going to “just shoot” the Grammy winner. The SAG-AFTRA employee wrote in a declaration accompanying the filing that she spoke with Sparks on July 16 and he made the threat against Sheryl. The worker also said Sparks had threatened to shoot film executive Harvey Weinstein because he believed they were filming him and had stolen millions from him.
A hearing on a three-year protective order is scheduled for Aug. 14 in Santa Monica, Calif.
Last month, Sheryl, 50, revealed that she has a benign brain tumor, which has been causing some memory loss for her during her live performances. She also noted that she is working on a new album.
Watch Sheryl Crow’s “Safe and Sound” Video