Sara Evans Reveals Plans for Female-Focused ‘Words’ Album
With a new record label comes … a new album, naturally! Following the announcement of the launch of her new record label, Born to Fly Records, Sara Evans has revealed her plans for her next studio album, Words.
Due out on July 21, Words will be Evans’ seventh studio album. A total of 14 female songwriters contributed to the project; readers can see a complete track listing below. In addition to Evans, those names include Ashley Monroe, Caitlyn Smith, Hillary Lindsey, Hillary Scott, Liz Hengber, Sonya Isaacs and more.
“Women are natural storytellers,” Evans says in a press release, “and I’m proud to have so many amazing female songwriters represented on this record.”
The title of her album, Words, is both the name of a song on Evans’ upcoming project and a reflection of what’s important to the singer-songwriter in her music.
20 Country Music Albums Turning 20 in 2017
“When I’m listening to a song, it’s the lyrics and the stories they tell that matter most to me,” Evans explains. “In listening to new music for the record, I was always looking for lyrics that moved me and expressed a powerful range of emotions.”
Mark Bright, who produced Evans’ 2014 album Slow Me Down and 2005’s A Real Fine Place, also co-produced Words. The press release notes that Evans’ 14-year-old daughter Olivia sings background vocals on the disc.
After parting from Sony Music Nashville’s RCA Nashville at the beginning of 2016, Evans signed with Sugar Hill Records in August of 2016. Born to Fly Records releases will be distributed through Sony Red. Words is available for pre-order via Evans’ official website.
Sara Evans, Words Track Listing:
1. “Long Way Down” (Tammy Rodgers / Liz Hengber / Jerry Salley)
2. “Marquee Sign” (Sara Evans / Jimmy Robbins / Heather Morgan)
3. “Diving in Deep” (Gordie Sampson / Hillary Lindsey / Steve McEwan)
4. “All the Love You Left Me” (Ben West / Hillary Lindsey / Gordie Sampson)
5. “Like the Way You Love Me” (Sara Evans / April Geesbreght / Jason Massey)
6. “Rain and Fire” (Claude Kelley / Charles Harmon)
7. “Night Light” (Daniel Tashian / Jaida Dreyer)
8. “I Need a River” (Marcus Hummon / Darrell Scott / Sonya Isaacs)
9. “I Don’t Trust Myself” (Caitlyn Smith / Gordie Sampson / Steve McEwan)
10. “Make Room at the Bottom” (Ashley Monroe / Brett James)
11. “Words” (David Hodges / Jake Scott / Jimmy Robbins)
12. “I Want You” (Shane Stevens / Victoria Monet)
13. “Letting You Go” (Sara Evans / Emily Shackelton / Victoria Banks)
14. “A Little Bit Stronger” (Acoustic) (Hillary Scott / Hillary Lindsey / Luke Laird)
See Sara Evans + More Country Stars Then and Now