Motley Crue Country Tribute Album Delayed
There’s bad news for fans looking forward to the upcoming Motley Crue country tribute album. The project has been postponed.
Originally slated for a release date of July 8, ‘Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue’ has been pushed back until Aug. 19, according to Rolling Stone.
The project, which is being released by Big Machine Records, features an interesting mix of country performers re-interpreting the music of the heavy rock group in country styles, with artists as diverse as Brantley Gilbert, the Cadillac Three, LeAnn Rimes and even Rascal Flatts contributing tracks. Justin Moore‘s take on ‘Home Sweet Home’ is set for release as the album’s first single.
On top of preparing for a farewell tour that will kick off in early July, Rolling Stone reports the Crue are also currently at work on a movie based on their 2001 autobiography, ‘The Dirt’ — though actor Christopher Walken, who was rumored to be playing Ozzy Osbourne, is apparently no longer involved.
‘Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue’ Track Listing:
1. Rascal Flatts, ‘Kickstart My Heart’
2. Florida Georgia Line, ‘If I Die Tomorrow’
3. LeAnn Rimes, ‘Smokin’ in the Boys Room’
4. Justin Moore, ‘Home Sweet Home’
5. Cassadde Pope with Robin Zander, ‘The Animal in Me’
6. Aaron Lewis, ‘Afraid’
7. Big & Rich, ‘SOS’
8. Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen, ‘Without You’
9. Eli Young Band, ‘Don’t Go Away Mad’
10. Lauren Jenkins, ‘Looks That Kill’
11. The Cadillac Three, ‘Live Wire’
12. The Mavericks, ‘Dr. Feelgood’
13. Brantley Gilbert, ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’
14. Gretchen Wilson, ‘Wild Side’
15. Darius Rucker, ‘Time for Change’