Jim Lauderdale Announces New Album
Jim Lauderdale has announced the release of a new album, due out this summer.
'I'm a Song' is the 26th project from the Nashville musician, who works in country, bluegrass and Americana circles. The album will be released on July 1.
The release includes a re-recording of Lauderdale's hit 'King of Broken Hearts,' which was originally released in 1991.
“I wanted to do ‘King of Broken Hearts’ again since that album is out of print, and people keep asking for that song," he says [quote via MusicRow]. "That’s one that I do at just about every show as a tribute to Gram Parsons and George Jones."
'I'm a Song' features guest appearances by Lee Ann Womack, Patty Loveless and Buddy Miller, as well as songwriting from Gary Allan, Bobby Bare, Odie Blackmon, Jimmy Ritchey, Elvis Costello and Robert Hunter.
Jim Lauderdale, 'I'm A Song' Track Listing:
1. 'Let's Have a Good Thing Together'
2. 'Past It'
3. 'You've Got a Way All Yours'
4. 'I'm a Song'
5. 'The Feeling's Hanging On'
6. 'I Lost You'
7. 'Doin' Time in Bakersfield'
8. 'A Day With No Tomorrow'
9. 'End of the World Rag'
10. 'Neon Hearts'
11. 'I Wish You Loved Me'
12. 'Makin' Honey'
13. 'Let Him Come to You'
14. 'Today I've Got the Yesterdays'
15. 'There's No Shadows in the Shade'
16. 'Hope and Find'
17. 'The Day the Devil Changed'
18. 'The King of Broken Hearts'
19. 'The World Is Waiting Below'
20. 'We Will Rock Again'