Eagles, Swift, Otto Tops in 2008
The Eagles' long-awaited 'Long Road Out of Eden' has bragging rights for the best-selling country album of 2008. That's the verdict from Billboard magazine, which lists the country-rock legends on the top of this year's country album charts.
Taylor Swift's eponymous debut comes in at No. 2, but the teen pop sensation is No. 1 when it comes to overall sales. Her first and second albums combined have sold almost 6 million copies. Sales of Sugarland's recent release, 'Love on the Inside,' combined with their sophomore CD, 'Enjoy the Ride,' make the duo the only artist with two albums on the year-end Top 10 list.
James Otto stakes claim to the most-played country song of 2008 with his breakthrough single, 'Just Got Started Loving You.'
Billboard's Top 10 country albums of 2008:
1. Eagles, 'Long Road Out of Eden'
2. Taylor Swift, 'Taylor Swift'
3. Carrie Underwood, 'Carnival Ride'
4. Garth Brooks, 'The Ultimate Hits'
5. Rascal Flatts, 'Still Feels Good'
6. Sugarland, 'Love on the Inside'
7. Sugarland, 'Enjoy the Ride'
8. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, 'Raising Sand'
9. Kenny Chesney, 'Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates'
10. Reba McEntire, 'Reba Duets'