CMA Award Winners See Boost in Amazon Sales
The website took a look at their Movers & Shakers List for music from before and after the biggest night in country music and found that 13 country artists are now on the Top 20 list. The list is updated hourly and ranks the artists with the biggest sales gains over the past 24 hours.
Taylor Swift was honored with the Pinnacle Award at the event and has seen increases in ranking for her ‘Red’ album, which raised 77% from No. 64 on the list to No. 36. Her previous album, ‘Speak Now,’ also had a large increase, from No. 401 to No. 255.
As of 9:30AM ET on Nov. 7, other artists who saw big increases from Wednesday’s ceremony include:
- Lifetime Achievement Award winner Kenny Rogers’ ‘You Can’t Make Old Friends’ rose 476% to No. 242.
- Entertainer of the Year George Strait’s ‘50 Number Ones’ rose 83% to No. 163.
- Vocal Duo of the Year Florida Georgia Line’s ‘Here’s to the Good Times’ rose 383% to No. 24.
- Vocal Group of the Year Little Big Town’s ‘Tornado’ rose 827% to No. 51.
- New Artist of the Year Kacey Musgraves’ ‘Same Trailer Different Park’ rose 952% to No. 19, and is currently No. 2 in Country Bestsellers.
- Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert’s ‘Four the Record’ rose 168% to No. 114.
- Male Vocalist of the Year Blake Shelton’s ‘Based on a True Story,’ which also won Album of the Year, rose 636% to No. 11, and is currently No. 1 in Country Bestsellers.
The awards show was also a huge hit on social media. The top five most buzzed about moments of the show on Facebook were:
1. George Strait winning Entertainer of the Year.
2. Alan Jackson and George Strait performing ‘He Stopped Loving Her Today’ in tribute to George Jones.
3. Luke Bryan‘s performance of ‘That’s My Kind of Night’ to open the show.
4. Kenny Rogers and Jennifer Nettles‘ rendition of ‘Islands in the Stream’ during Rogers receipt of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
5. Carrie Underwood‘s four-song medley that kick-started the last hour of the show.