‘Alabama & Friends’ Debuts in Top 10
It's been more than 37 years since Alabama first broke onto the music scene with their 'Wild Country' album in 1976, but their music still clearly resonates with their fans. The band's tribute album, 'Alabama & Friends,' made an impressive debut this week at No. 8 on Billboard's 200 All-Genre Album chart.
The 11-track project includes some of the band's biggest hits, such as 'Love in the First Degree,' 'She and I,' 'Old Flame' and 'Tennessee River,' which was the band's first No. 1 single. Artists such as Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Trisha Yearwood and Luke Bryan all contributed their vocals to the project.
'Alabama & Friends' also came in at at No. 2 on the Billboard Country chart, selling just under 40,000 units in its first week of release. But the band members insist having their friends and fellow artists sing on the CD is the biggest reward they could receive.
“It’s very much an honor that they’d take part in an Alabama tribute,” guitarist Jeff Cook says of the new project.
In support of the new album, which was released on Show Dog-Universal Music, the band will spend much of the fall on the road. See a list of their upcoming shows here.
See a track listing below, and purchase the album here .
‘Alabama & Friends’ Track Listing:
1. ‘Tennessee River,’ Jason Aldean
2. ‘Love in the First Degree,’ Luke Bryan
3. ‘Old Flame,’ Rascal Flatts
4. ‘Lady Down on Love,’ Kenny Chesney
5. ‘The Closer You Get,’ Eli Young Band
6. ‘Forever’s as Far as I’ll Go,’ Trisha Yearwood
7. ‘She & I,’ Toby Keith
8. ‘I’m in a Hurry (And Don’t Know Why),’ Florida Georgia Line
9. ‘That’s How I Was Raised,’ Alabama
10. ‘All American,’ Alabama
11. ‘My Home’s in Alabama,’ Jamey Johnson